Thursday 7 July 2016

About Me

Many have told me I should start my very own blog about my journey with type 1 diabetes. I have always thought that I was hand picked by God to have diabetes so I can reach out and offer support too many who feel alone or struggle with this disease, so hopefully this blog along with my Instagram  (keraby_t1d) will help me achieve that goal.

As a starter blog, I thought I should share a bit about myself. I'm Mariam Elkeraby, 18 years old and  I'm originally from Egypt. On Feb 13, 2010, almost 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. At first, just like any other newly diagnosed I feared for what is to come and was unsure of my future. I was a very closed up person and avoided letting anyone know about my diagnosis. However, many years later I have decided that this disease is there to make me stronger and will not by any means step in the way of allowing me to achieve my potential. Hopefully, through this blog, I will be able to reach out to several individuals with diabetes around the world and spread awareness of what diabetes is all about.

I am currently on a Medtronic insulin pump for the past two years along with the enlite sensor.

Please feel free at any time to leave feedback or topics you are interested about. I would love to hear from those following the blog


No comments:

Post a Comment