Monday 26 December 2016

Perspective

So yesterday was quite a magical day. I don't celebrate Christmas but there is something about it that's magical. I love the Christmas trees and the lights all so beautifully decorated. It just makes me feel happy and peaceful. Anyways, yesterday as my parents and I went to a nearby park to take pictures of all the Christmas trees they had I decided I really wanted a photo for my Instagram page. A photo of me looking so professional trying to snap a picture using my dad's camera. And the reason I am mentioning this part is because that photo has such a greater meaning for me...I am quite the overthinker so bare with me! 


I really wanted a cool meaningful quote to match my picture and this was the perfect quote! "When Life Gets Blurry Adjust Your Focus" And as I posted the picture I really gave that quote some thinking! Dealing with diabetes has been really though lately. My motivation for it has been "blurry" and its been hard to get back on track. But yesterday made me realize that maybe I just need to "adjust my focus" by changing my perspective and mindset of things.

You see...perspective is really important! I can get two people to take a photo of the same area but the photos will differ depending on each person's perspective of how they see and capture the photo. And that is exactly the same thing with seeing perspectives of situations. Your eye is the camera lens and depending on how you see and react the photo (AKA. situation) will have a different outcome.


I totally understand though ... when we struggle it might be difficult to look on the bright side or the positive side of the situation but, at times that is exactly what is needed to be done to make things change for the better and allow you to change your actions and thoughts. So as I take some time to refocus to change things around, I challenge any of you going through a blurry time ... diabetes related or not ... to have some self-thinking time and figure out what you need to do to adjust your focus 

No comments:

Post a Comment